Skirt Steak Nachos
Are you getting ready to have a few friends and family over. Perhaps to watch the big game or just to get together? Skirt steak nachos are simple to make and perfect for your party!
What sets these nachos apart is everything is done and assembled on the grill. While grilling the steak to medium-rare, the jalapenos, tomatoes, and onions also get a beautiful char. Grilling the veggies adds a stunning depth of flavor and texture, making this a cohesive dish rather than simple finger food. The cheese is melted on the grill as well using indirect heat. Create a whimsical nacho bar by simply multiplying this recipe so your guests can add their favorite toppings. So fire up the grill, grab your favorite jersey, and may the best team win!
Skirt Steak Nachos Ingredients
- 2 aluminum pie pans or another shallow grill friendly dish
- nachos, 3/4 large bag
- 1lb skirt steak (or more)
- 16 oz cheese- grated- I used a package of shredded “Mexican” cheeses
- 1 can of seasoned black beans
- 2 jalapenos
- tomatoes and onions, for the grill
- sour cream
- hot sauce
Skirt Steak Nachos Directions
- Drizzle skirt steak in oil, and add lots of salt and pepper. Grill the skirt steak on direct heat for no more than 8 minutes – you do not want to overcook the skirt steak.
- At the same time, grill your jalapenos, tomatoes, and onion slices. Add the beans and cook in a grill-safe pot or pan on the grill.
- By this time, you may have taken the meat off the grill. Take it off, tent it with foil, and let it rest until everything else is ready.
- Use two aluminum pie pans or another grill-friendly shallow dish (in a pinch, you could use doubled-up aluminum foil) and spray it with non-stick spray. Add your chips and divide the cheese between the two plates. The more cheese, the better.
- Put the dish of nachos on the grill on indirect heat and let it heat until all the cheese has melted (8-10 minutes approx.).
- Pull veggies, nachos, and beans off the grill. Chop the veggies and skirt steak and put them on the nachos. Next, smother them in the beans and add chopped cilantro.
- Add all your favorite toppings!
Taken from: GrillGirl.com